We are Sound of the Rockies
Colorado’s Premier A Cappella Chorus
The Sound of the Rockies is an award-winning barbershop chorus based in Denver Colorado. Directed by Darin Drown, Sound of the Rockies has been creating captivating a cappella and barbershop music for years and is currently ranked as the 4th place barbershop chorus in the world. Officially, it is the performing unit of the Denver Mile High Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society and has been an established non-profit organization since 1948. The a cappella choir of over 100 men entertains throughout the Denver-metro area at local community arts series and regional festivals, has performed at the Light the Lights at the Civic Center Park, and sung the National Anthem at many Colorado Rockies and Denver Broncos games. The ensemble presents three concerts each year, in March, June and December, at the Newman Center for the Performing Arts at the University of Denver and has 5 recordings available. Prospective members and guests are welcome each week for regular rehearsals on Thursday evenings at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church in Centennial, CO.
- Mar 14 SOR in CONCERT (open to the public)A benefit concert for Cherokee Trail HS PTCO at 7:00 pm. more
- Mar 22 Pirates of The Colorado - Spring ConcertOur spring concert, Saturday matinee at 2:00 pm. more
- Mar 22 Pirates of The Colorado - Spring ConcertOur spring concert, Saturday evening at 7:30 pm. more
- Jun 22 Summer Spectacular!International send-off concert, Featuring Lovenotes - 2013 Sweet Adeline International Champions, and Storm Front - 2010 men's International Champions, Sunday matinee at 3:30 pm. tickets
- Jun 29 Barbershop Harmony Society Annual Convention